Sales and Return Policies
Eligible Purchasers for the Apple Store for Education must be associated with public or private, nonprofit or for profit, state accredited, degree-granting institutions organized specifically for educational purposes. Eligible purchasers include designated purchasers and any colleges, university extension or approved satellite campuses. Apple shall determine eligibility in its sole discretion.
U.S. Sales Only
The Apple Store sells and ships products only within the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. No shipments can be made to APO addresses, United States territories, or addresses outside the United States. You may not export any products purchased from the Apple Store.
Customer Configured Product
We are pleased to offer product custom configured to your specifications, and encourage you to review your order carefully. Since the product is built to your specifications the order can not be changed, modified or cancelled once your order is in production.
Electronic Software Download Process
Using a valid Apple Store Account, education institution customers may select downloadable software products for purchase at the Apple Store for Education. In order to insure that your Apple Electronic Software Download/Keys is routed to the appropriate person in the institution, the Electronic Software Download/Keys will be made available only to the original proposer. Once the Apple Authorized Purchaser at the institution completes the order, the original proposal will receive a separate email acknowledgment that provides easy download instructions.
If, during download, the transmission is interrupted in any way, you can use your Apple Store Account and password again to begin the downloading process.
Should you have problems with the download, please contact Apple Education Sales Support at 800-800-2775 or your local Apple Account Executive for additional assistance.
Electronic Software Download Refund Policy
If you are unable to complete the transmission for any reason, you may request a credit to your institution account for your electronically downloaded software. Please contact Austin Education Sales Support at 800-800-2775 for refund requests. Refund requests must be received within 30 calendar days of the purchase date.
Apple Branded Products
If you discover what you believe is a product defect for any Apple branded product please contact Apple Technical Support at 1-800-800-2775. Such a defect, if any, is covered under the terms of your product's warranty. Please refer to the warranty information and other support documentation that came with your product. (Refer to the below Product Warranty section for specific information about Apple's product warranties.)
Non-Apple Branded/Third Party Products
If you discover what you believe is a product defect for any third-party product please contact the manufacturer directly for information regarding the manufacturers' standard warranties.
Note: Products sold through this Web site which do not bear the Apple brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products.
- For Hewlett Packard (HP) printers, please contact Hewlett Packard at 1-208-323-2551.
- For Epson printers, please contact Epson at 1-800-463-7766.
Please note that Apple only permits the return of unopened products due to an Apple shipping or order processing error and that all other sales are final. If you have received an incorrect product due to an Apple shipping or order processing error, please use the following return process:
- Please contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-800-2775 to request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) #. A RMA request must be made within 30 business days of receipt of the product in accordance with Apple's return policy.
- If the RMA is approved, a RMA # will be issued. The support representative will also provide you with information on how to return the product to Apple.
- In order to speed up the process, the product must be returned unopened to the Apple warehouse within 10 business days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product.
NOTE: Apple recommends that you:
- use a carrier that offers shipment tracing for all returns and
either insure your package for safe return to Apple or declare the full value of the shipment so that you are completely protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit.
- use a carrier that offers tracing, and
- insure or declare the full value of the product,
- If you choose not to:you will be responsible for the loss of damage to the product during shipping.
- NOTE: If you discover what you believe to be a product defect, outside the above categories, please contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-800-2775. Such a defect, if any, is covered under the terms of your product's warranty. Please refer to the warranty information and other support documentation that came with your product. One-year limited warranty for new products.
Products That Are Inoperable When Delivered
If you discover that your product is wholly inoperable when it is delivered to you, please call Apple Tech Support at 1-800-800-2775 within thirty days of the invoice date. Apple Tech Support will determine if it is appropriate to offer you the following options:
- Replacement: The same product that was ordered will be shipped to you at Apple's expense. A Sales Support Representative will contact you within 24 hours of your call with the replacement product delivery time, and the process to return the inoperable product.
Service: You may have the product repaired; however, once serviced the product is no longer eligible for replacement. Product must be deemed inoperable when you receive it by Apple Tech Support within thirty days of the invoice date in order for you to receive a replacement unit.
- This policy regarding units that are inoperable when delivered only applies to Apple-branded hardware products currently offered on the Apple Education Store. As new products are offered Apple reserves the right to determine whether or not this policy applies.
The policy does not apply to third party products which do not bear the Apple brand name. You may call the manufacturer directly to discuss the third party product:
- Hewlett Packard can be reached at 208-323-2551
- Epson can be reached at 800-463-7766
- If Apple Tech Support deems the product inoperable at delivery thirty days after the invoice date Apple's standard product warranty will apply.
- If Apple Tech Support does NOT deem the product inoperable at delivery Apple's standard product warranty will apply.
- Shipping and replacement units will be at Apple's expense.
- Apple reserves the right to test products returned under this policy. If Apple determines that the customer has misrepresented the condition of the product, Apple reserves the right to impose a $400 fee, for wrongful return of the product.
Complete the Apple Store for Education Authorized Purchaser Enrollment Form to receive your password and customer ID.
- via Fax or Mail send your order to:
Attn: Apple Education Sales Support
12545 Riata Vista Circle
Austin, Texas 78727
1-800-800-2775 (7:30 am-6 p.m. CST)
FAX: (800) 590-0063 (24 hrs, 7 days)
You may pay by credit card no matter which ordering method you use (Internet, fax, mail, or phone). At the time your order is placed, Apple obtains a pre-approval from the credit card company for the amount of the order. Credit card billing occurs when your order ships.
The Apple Store accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards.
If you wish to apply for an Apple Lease to pay for your order, you may start the lease process by Phone, Fax or Mail. At any time, you may call 1-800-255-2652 for more information. (For more information about Apple's Lease Programs, see Apple Education Finance.)
Payment for all orders placed shall be payable within thirty (30) days from INVOICE DATE. Apple does not give discounts for prompt or early payment.
As a service to our customers, Apple provides UPS ground shipping on every order at no additional charge. Orders shipped by UPS Ground Service generally arrive within 3-7 business days after shipping.
If you prefer a faster method of shipment, you may choose to pay for express shipping. Shipping charges are based on the total weight of the order. Express-shipped orders should arrive within 2 business days after shipping.
Please review the Product Availability section for more information regarding order processing and product availability times.
All shipments are on the following terms:
- Title and risk of loss to all Product will pass to the Institution or Campus Sales Center upon shipment from Apple's shipping location;
- Apple's Product warranty becomes effective upon shipment of the Product from Apple's shipping location;
- Apple will invoice the Institution or Campus Sales Center for the Product when the Product ships from Apple's location and the Institution or Campus Sales Center will be obligated to pay for the Product within thirty (30) days from the date of invoice; and
- The Institution or Campus Sales Center warrants that, in directing delivery to a location not at the Institution's campus, the Campus Sales center; has obtained the addressee's permission to have the Product delivered as directed.
Products Lost or Damaged in Transit
For products shipped pursuant to Apple's standard practices in all but the last week of every Apple fiscal quarter, Apple will issue credits or replace products returned due to damage in transit or that are lost in transit. For products shipped pursuant to Apple's standard practices in the last week of every Apple fiscal quarter, Apple will not issue credits or replace products returned due to damage in transit or that are lost in transit. Instead, Apple will provide third-party insurance for damaged or lost products with Purchaser named as the loss payee.
When not shipping products pursuant to Apple's standard practices but instead shipping via a carrier selected by Purchaser, Apple will not issue credits or provide replacement products for products returned due to damage in transit or that is lost in transit.
Claims & Payment Process: For all product damaged or lost in transit in any week of the quarter, Purchaser must notify an Apple Sales Support Operations ("SSO") representative at 1-800-800-2775 within ten (10) business days from receipt of receiving damaged products, a short shipment, or not receiving an expected order.
For product shipped during weeks 1 through 12 of Apple's fiscal quarters, Apple will either issue a credit or replace product damaged or lost in transit and place claims and/or tracers on behalf of the Purchaser. Apple will issue a credit or ship replacement product to the Purchaser upon receipt of the damaged product or confirmation of the lost product.
For product shipped during week 13 during Apple's fiscal quarters, Apple will prepare and file a claim with the third party insurance carrier with the Purchaser listed as the loss payee. Once the insurance requirements are satisfied, the Purchaser will receive a check from the insurance carrier for the purchase price of the product rather than receiving replacement product or credit from Apple. Or, instead of receiving the check from the insurance carrier, the Purchaser can elect to assign insurance proceeds resulting from lost or damaged product to Apple and Apple will credit the Purchaser's account for the amount of the insurance proceeds. The Customer will need to place a new order for replacement product. Apple believes the insurance policy claim limits will be adequate to cover any losses incurred by Purchaser. However, Apple will not be liable in the event the entire claim is not covered for any reason, including exceeding the claim limits. Title and risk of loss to returned product will pass to the insurance company upon shipment to Apple by Purchaser.
The Apple Store for Education endeavors to offer you competitive prices on current Apple education products. The price you will be charged is the price of the product when your invoice is printed which will include applicable shipping charges. Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at the Apple Store at any time.
Given the popularity of some products Apple may restrict the number of such items that you may purchase. Any product limit restrictions will be posted to the Apple Store web site. This information is subject to change.
Apple makes every effort to ship your product from the Apple Store within 5 (five) business days of receiving your purchase order, credit card approval or lease approval. However, due to changes in product availability this can vary. Apple cannot guarantee specified delivery dates. Apple will endeavor to ship as closely as possible to your requests, but is not liable for failure to do so. We encourage Apple Authorized Purchasers to check "Order Status" on their store or contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-800-2775 for order status information. Faculty and staff can navigate tohttp://www.apple.com/education/store and click the "Your Account" button to view the status of their order if their purchaser entered their order without a change.
If Apple is unable to ship your product within thirty days from the date Apple receives your payment, we will notify you by mail and provide more specific information.
Apple endeavors to stay at the forefront of technological advancement. For this reason, Apple reserves the right to discontinue products or change specifications without notice.
All Apple hardware products, including clearance and refurbished products, carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking the appropriate link below.
Non-Apple-branded/Third-party products are sold "AS IS" by the Apple Store, but may be accompanied by their manufacturers' standard warranties. "AS IS" products are sold by Apple as is, where is, and with all faults, and without express or implied warranties from Apple. If you have questions about any manufacturers' warranties that accompany such products, please contact the manufacturer directly.
Note: Products sold through this Web site which do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with any terms and conditions packaged with the products (unless the third-party product is preinstalled in an Apple-branded computer). Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- One-year limited warranty for new products except iPod and iSight
- One-year limited warranty for iPod and iSight
Other Terms and Conditions
- Apple is not responsible for typographic errors.
- Apple reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of sale at the Apple Store at any time.
- All sales at the Apple Store are governed by California law, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions.
- No Apple employee or agent has the authority to vary any of the Apple Store's policies or the terms and conditions governing any sale.